Thursday, December 02, 2004

All's Quiet in the Cathedral...

Cathedral Days. I once heard theology refered to as Cathedrals of the mind. That's why I named my blog as I did. I wanted to create a place of sincere theological reflection on worship, liturgy, art, and music. All those things that belong in the Christian life and interestingly enough, in America at least, Christianity has cheapened. Christian music, art, worship, even our sacred liturgies have been made less by our own materialism, our search for something commercial, our ignorance of sacred.

The psalmist's wrote poetry, The Lord Jesus spoke in story, our God chose to record his love for us in literature, and even a cursory examination of the plans for the tabernacle demonstrate that God is a great designer. So to you our God who delights in creativity, let this be these Cathedral Days be for your glory.


No comments: