Friday, December 01, 2006

Light one Candle... Christ is Coming

So, we are in pre-advent launch. I keep staring at my advent wreath and its lovely candles, admiring my Christmas tree... and thinking... how exciting it is, that Christ is coming. That is one of the amazing early themes in Advent. Christ is coming... he's coming to set everything right, both in a memorial sense (Nativity) and in a eschatological sense (Second Coming).

So this Advent I want Jesus to change my life in new ways. I want my eyes to turn to him and leave behind forever the "glamor of sin". I want to adore him.

Adoration, is such a beautiful word. An even more beautiful act... I wonder what form my adoration will take this year? What does adoration look like?

You may not understand this post right now... but you will.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Michael,
We too lit our first Advent candle this weekend past. Christ IS coming, but as I was reflecting on your comments, it strikes me that He comes to "set things right" not only in memorial and eschaton, but TODAY. Jesus offers us a new way of relating to both God and humanity - one that realizes that we all have value because we are made in the image of God! Oh that we would all just come clean and admit that we are broken and journey together toward wholeness and holiness! That is the Christ I long for, work for, live for. Come Lord Jesus!
David Treloar
Madison, WI
david.treloar@elakeshore.org