Thursday, November 02, 2006

About Fantasy...

So, yesterday was halloween and our church sponsors a "Trick or Treat Night". (No letters please... for most of us its a cultural holiday and nothing more.) Kids come in, get a glow bracelet, a bag of candy and have thier picture taken. The picture is sent to the kids after halloween. So, my friend Christy dressed up like a pilgrim, we had a crusader, a monk, and Julius Ceasar. You know who I dressed up as? A wizard from Harry Potter (Again, no lettes). I even have a pretend wand (I mean it no letters. God is not going to put the smack down on me for reading a fiction book.)

The event was alot of fun for all of us and I am always amazed to see what kids come up with for halloween. There is something about being released to wear a costume... If you could be anything... what would it be?

I dressed as a wizard... because I love the idea of magical worlds and adventure. Ever since I was a child I remember playing out imagination.I used to pretend I was in Narnia, and that Aslan would always be there to save me. Even today in my flights of fancy I can imagine a thousand scenarios and stories of castles, wizards and magic. I also imagine what it would be like to be on the stage again...

So tell me... what do our dreams and fantasy lives say about us?

No comments: