Thursday, October 26, 2006

My Desk...

Okay, so it's 11:30 at night, and I am bored and suffering yet another bout with insomnia... so I decided to clean my desk in my study at the church. Let me tell you... filling out all that ordination paperwork, doctrine books, papers upon papers... all piling up on my desk... I forgot what color my desktop is. It is absolutely unbelieveable.

My friend James says that if you want to know his state of mind... look at his room. Is it clean? If so, everything is okay. Looking at my desk, I am becoming okay again. As i clean off the surface I feel less and less burdened.

Another friend, JD says that all of life can be understood through scraps... here are a few of mine...


ARTIFACT #1 - Pak-a-sak receipt $2.27 Donut and Diet Coke

ARTIFACT #2 - "Welcome to Preschool" Letter

ARTIFACT #3 - "Doctrinal Examination Question" Describe your personal experience of God..."

ARTIFACT #4 - "108 Wildwood Court" scrawled on a post-it. No idea what city or who lives there.

ARTIFACT #5 - HYMN "I know my Redeemer Lives"

Do you have any ideas how many layers I had to get through to get to this hymn? There it was among the bottle caps and papers...

It feels good to clean.

1 comment:

Matt Purmort said...

Please tell me my room is not a reflection of my life!!! Good to see you posting Michael stay in touch!!