Tuesday, March 01, 2005

(Title Withheld)

(I have withheld the title of this poem because I want to elicit some responses to it without the final piece of the puzzle that details meaning.)

There among the fields unended
Corn and sky, path unintended
Walking on the song rescinded
Stands alone a heart unmended

More alone than ever, kildeer
Sound of wounded, dying in fear
Must move on or else I die here
Shadows grow for sunset looms near

Darkness brings it's own vibration
Sounds of silent alienation
Yet I stand there in frustration
The shadows growing more impatient

Uneasly silent, the fields grow colder
Every moment, getting older
Yet the kildeer cry out bolder
"Lonely" cries the wounded soldier

4 comments:

John David Walt said...

there among the fields unended--- there's the real hope in this verse Michael. A stirring, painful piece. the path unintended-- there's the mystery. this one feels frostian. good work. glad to see another cathedral day dawning.

Michel said...

JohnDeere,

Interesting interpretation I think. So do you think the sun is rising in this poem? or setting?

Michel

Fitz said...

Michael, this poem is great...I just wish I were more educated in poetry so I could understand the symbolism better...but it is a beautiful poem, nonetheless...

j. said...

"Yet I stand there in frustration
The shadows growing more impatient"

is the sun rising or setting... I get the sense that it depends on which way you choose.

at dusk and dawn..
dark is crowding or light is invading..

I'm hoping for invading light.