Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Dimensions of the Cross

I have just caught another dimension of the cross that I have never encountered before. I have through the years grappled with the reality of the cross, the suffering of the cross, the guilt of the cross, the overarching dominion of the cross, but I have never realized how hard it is, to grapple with the love of the cross. Somehow I always took it for granted.

But now, despite everything, as God seems to shower more and more love down on me. As one miraculous thing after another happens in my midst. I am astounded to see how fully God loves me. Lately I have not been especially "holy" I have not been stepping up my Spiritual Discipline beyond any other Lent, I have not been especially charitable, or loving beyond that which is normal for me. Yet he continues to pour down blessings without any sign of letting up.

God loves me beyond what I could imagine. The cross of Jesus is the greatest intersection of love Human existence has ever known. I am astounded by the flooding waters of God's love.

2 comments:

Josh said...

I'm encouraged by your post. You articulated something that I identify with so much right now...grappling with the love of the cross. I don't know why, but it is sometimes hard to accept the love of the cross. Isn't that crazy. You would think as messed up as we are that we would be all over it. But there is something very ill in that deep and hidden false self that wants to reject it (and I think it's the "p" word). I'm starting to see more and more how God just wants me to settle down and recieve this love he is pouring out all over me.

I love it that you are seeing His love showers in the midst of a time when you are not at the top of your game with Holiness or the spiritual disciplines. That really speaks to me right now. HIS LOVE IS NOT CONDITIONAL. HIS LOVE IS NOT CONDITIONAL. HIS LOVE IS NOT CONDITIONAL. (Capitalization is directed at myself.) Thank you brother!

Michel said...

Inspired! Check out my next post...