Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Taking off Before Taking Off

So, Montpelier UMC. It is, a growing, living, breathing, vibrant congregation. This Eastertide, we have had, five new members by transfer, three upcoming baptisms over the next two weeks, our VBS is coming together, we are building a new youth group after an eight year hiatus, the nursery has been renovated, and the finances are stable.

And now, now that hope is sprouting up from the floorboards. Now... I'm leaving. I find myself begging God not to let the momentum die here and that this congregation will continue to take deep breaths of the Spirit and enliven it's heart for ministry. I'm also stressed, about the transition and everything I've got to finish up here.

Still, God is amazing. I am astounded at what he can do.

1 comment:

Christy said...

Michael, write a new post! I want to hear about your new church!