Monday, May 22, 2006

Beloved

Dearly Beloved, Child of God
I take my leave of you.

I rise, I ascend, I walk
Cloudways and windswept
Air and Sunlight
Dappled misted raindrops
Annointed surround me
Goodbye and remember...

Remember quietly dear one
Remember calmly blessed
Remember loudly broken
Remember soundly healed
Remember lions, cups and horses,
Table, Ring, and Stone.
Remember fairy tales and heroes,
Remember river, blood and bone.

Remember to Remember,
For I am going home,
Remember though I'm going,
You will never be alone.



--Michael Lawson Asension 2006
Okay, so maybe it won't win any awards but, I still like it.

3 comments:

John David Walt said...

like it michaelangelo! "loundly" a new word. it rolls nicely on a journey into the past which is home in a future kind of way. got your call-- will call soon. fighting off the flu. pray for me.

brandon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
brandon said...

My favorite line is, "Remember to remember." Keep posting your poetry. It verbalizes what some of us try so hard to do, but the words never quite materialize as nicely as do yours.