Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Upon this Mountain...



So Cathedraldays is on location in North Bend Pennsylvania at the home of my best friend, James Wooster. He's getting married on Saturday to my friend Michelle and I am here to be his best man... (Although my current title is "Awful Man". I worked my way up from "Worst Man". :)My counterpart Erica, "The Maid of Shame", is Michelle's niece.

Anyway, This is my first trip to the mountains of Pennsylvania. It is really quite beautiful here. We've had a wonderful time thus far and tomorrow we are going to the amusement park.

Anyway, James took us on a tour of three of his four churches today. One of which was an absolutely beautiful gothic beauty with 1800''s woodwork and wainscot panelling, Stained glass, stone work, beautiful masonry, an absolute archetectural gem.

Anyway, above are a couple pictures Erica took of Renovo First, the gothic glory, and North Bend, the beautiful white ship on a sea of green mountain.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Michelangelo - I need your digits. I can't find them. Call or send me an email. Miss ya.

Anonymous said...

Which amusement park are you going to. Believe it or not, there's actually more than just one in the whole state. ;)

I'm guessing that you're going to Hershey Park, as I believe that's the closest one to North Bend.

And yes, a couple of his churches are just gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo!

James and Michelle are getting hitched!

Please tell 'em congrats and God Bless from me!

David Treloar
david.treloar@elakeshore.org