Thursday, February 02, 2006

Reconnecting With Myself

what is it about Asbury the helps me to reconnect me with the important things... Why haven't posted on this blog for awhile... What happened to the place that the fine arts held in my life? Why has Indianapolis just opened it's new museaum months ago and I still haven't gone? Why does my violin sit broken and unused in the corner? Why have my sermons been free of beautiful language and poetry and filled with information and fascinating facts...

What happened?

I must stop this trend before it explodes. I want more from my life than this. To quote Dr. Phil:

"I want (prounounced wont) you to be the star of your own life."

And I agree, I want more poetry, artistry, meditation, and creativity... Asbury has reconnected me with all those things that God has ordained to mark my life. I was afraid this would happen, and it did.

But no more... observe this new prayer for a new day...

O Lord my God,
Ignite my heart with mystery--wash my soul with light, annoint my head with hope--push down upon me the crown of repentence and pierce my hands and feet with the marvelous grace of humility. Place me in the tomb of solitude and burst the doors with the life of the Gospel. Immerse me fully in the story of Jesus Christ. Refine me thoroughly with the warm fire of the Holy Spirit. Surround me with such presence that when people see me, or hear my voice they will exclaim... "He is Abba's Child." AMEN.

1 comment:

John David Walt said...

great prayer michangelo