Monday, January 24, 2011

A Good Rehearsal

I want to talk about finding salvation in an unexpected place. When I first arrived at Herbst I was amazed at how kind, and wonderful the people are. I am also stilled and amazed by how self sufficient they are. These people can do anything. They build, the renovate, they design with startling efficiency. They seem to know exactly what they are doing no matter what they are doing. I have days when i feel like I can't do anything right.

However, these last few months I've been taking to the stage at the Marion Civic Theater. I have to say... in many ways this experience has saved my life. It gave me a place to not be a pastor. And when I'm up there on that stage, in being someone else, I am more free to be me. I can be funny, and touching, and loving and creative all at once. I reconnect with parts of myself that have been dormant. It's a beautiful thing to have a good rehearsal, that enables you to live in all the other parts of your life.

No comments: