Friday, August 18, 2006

Friday Night in Montpelier

So it's Friday Night in Montpelier. Tonite we had a "Meet The Parents Night" for our preschool program from 5-7. I of course attended and met lots of cool kids and their parents. When it was over... I went home, ordered a pizza and watched four episodes of "Louis and Clark" on DVD (Thank you Netflix). Whoever told Dean Cain he can act? And Teri Hatcher is still playing the same role on Desperate Housewives. I can tell even from camera angles that neither one was chosen for their acting ability.

I say all this because I want to make one thing clear. This is not my idea of a cool Friday Night. In fact, I remember a time when I studied all day and then spent almost the whole weekend with my friends. Movies, art museums, plays, even hanging out at home was the coolest thing ever. Not so lately. I miss community.

The people of this town and church are so wonderful. This church is filled with loving folks. The problem is not the church, the town, or it's people. Also, one does not need to go out every weekend in order to have full life. It's just that so many weekends, and weekdays have been spent alone. Days filled with ministry and papers, and work but no deep conversation. There are no soul friends here and one can only do so much reading.

Ugh... feeling sorry for myself. I'll stop.

No comments: