Monday, June 27, 2005

Tin Lizzy Gift Shop - A poemling

Across the sky I see letters proclaiming
"ANGELS ANGELS ANGELS"
And I wish to myself that there would be angels around me
And that I could see them and have a conversation
And talk about God and Saints, sanctuary and pierced sides.

I wish that we laugh and sing and fly together
And that they would bless this flat vast farmland that is my hope and home.
Blessing it that I too may be blessed because from this land was I grown.

But no sooner am I lost in dreams of flatlands, blessings and curses then
The writing changes and I am suddenly pulled from my all things celestine:

"ELVIS STATUES HALF-OFF"

2 comments:

John David Walt said...

Long Live the King.

very nice poemlet Michaelangelo.

David Wofford said...

...the once AND FUTURE king no less.

I'm struck by the sense of despair that your poem conveys to me. The summer time is near...harvest is around the corner.